COOPERATIVE PRESCHOOL TEACHER
wanted for the
2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
Cooperative Preschools affiliated with Bates Technical College Child Studies Department are nonprofit organizations throughout Pierce County and South King County, run by an elected volunteer Executive Board and its’ members. This is a one year, part time (approx. 20 hrs./wk.)agreement for the 2014-2015 school year while current teacher is on sabbatical. Job location is in Tacoma.
- ECE certificate, endorsement, training or CDA, and/or experience working with children 2-5 years of age and/or parents.
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic person with the ability to establish constructive relationships with children and adults.
- This is a lab-style classroom environment, must be able to work with three other scheduled working parents in each class.
- Must be able to provide a curriculum that contains the following elements:
- Curriculum is developmentally appropriate with experiential activities designed to promote social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth.
- Curriculum includes art, music, dramatic play, science, carpentry, cooking, outdoor play and language activities.
- Curriculum includes a variety of field trips and/or classroom visitors related to the various themes.
- Cooperative Preschool experience as a teacher or parent is preferred.
- Must be willing to maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications and complete a background check and fingerprinting by the Washington State Patrol.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Job posting closes June 6, 2014, interviews scheduled for June 19, 2014. E-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.